Service Plans and Definitions
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this agreement. For ease of reference, these have been placed in alphabetical order.
Administrator: means AutoProtect Administration Ltd. Customer: means the person named on the contract for whom the Dealer/Garage has agreed to provide Goods and Services in accordance with this contract.Dealer/Garage: means the company or organisation providing this service plan agreement and named on the contract. Monthly Payment Scheme: means the facility offered to the Customer to pay the Payment due by way of monthly direct debit payments payable on the day of each month specified on the contract. Payment: means the total sum payable by the Customer relevant to this contract as specified on the contract. Service Cost: means the cost of parts and labour for the relevant Dealer/Garage’s service. Service: means the Dealer/Garages service relevant to the Vehicle at the appropriate service intervals as specified on the contract. Vehicle: means the motor vehicle more fully described on the contract.
1. In consideration of the Payment made by the Customer to the Dealer/Garage, the Dealer/Garage undertakes to issue the Service Plan to the Customer which will entitle the Customer to have their Vehicle serviced by the Dealer/Garage up to the value of the Service Cost. For the avoidance of doubt the Service is redeemable only at the Dealer/Garage.
2. The Dealer/Garage's liability in respect of the Service is limited to providing vehicle servicing in accordance with the Dealer/Garage’s standard service recommendations for the relevant service interval (further information will be made available on request). The Dealer/Garage, with the agreement of the customer, may allocate any fund balances to non service schedule work.
3. Any additional work carried out and or materials supplied by the Dealer/Garage, not included in the relevant Service, will be the responsibility of the Customer and will be payable on collection of the Vehicle.
4. Failure to make payments due pursuant to the Monthly Payment Scheme shall entitle the Dealer/Garage to terminate this contract and the Dealer/Garage's obligations under the Service Plan shall cease immediately. Any balance standing to the Customer's credit will be applied to paying the Dealer/Garage's reasonable costs – no greater than £ 25.00 - incurred in the administration of this contract. The Customer shall remain liable for any outstanding amount and shall make immediate payment to the Dealer/Garage of the balance due.
5. The benefit of a Service Plan may be transferred to a new vehicle with the consent of the Dealer/Garage.
6. In the event of a transfer of the Service Plan to a new vehicle, a relevant new contract will be generated and any collected funds, minus the relevant administrations charges, will be allocated to the new Service Plan.
7. In the event of the Customer ceasing to be the owner of the Vehicle for whatever reason and the Service Plan not being transferred as provided for in clause 6, the Dealer/Garage will refund to the Customer a sum equal to that part of the Payment that has not been expended in accordance with the Service cost less any administration costs incurred to that date. Cancellation of the Service Plan by the Customer needs to be made in writing to the Dealer/Garage/Administrator with a request for refund of monies collected minus relevant administration charge. If the Service Plan is cancelled with no written notification, the Dealer/Garage/Administrator will write to the customer notifying funds available. If after 3 reasonable attempts of contact and no notification is received from the Customer, then the funds become the property of the Dealer/Garage.
8. The Customer and the Dealer/Garage acknowledge that the Administrator is entitled to collect the Payment and acts as agent for the Dealer/Garage in relation to the collection of the Monthly Payment Scheme payments.
9. The Dealer/Garage's Standard Terms and Conditions (a copy of which is available on request) shall apply as if they were incorporated herein (save as varied by these terms) to all vehicle servicing work carried out by the Dealer/Garage pursuant to this Agreement.
10. The monthly installment payments due pursuant to the Monthly Payment Scheme have been calculated on the basis of the servicing requirements of the average motorist using the Vehicle. The Dealer/Garage reserves the right to request an increase in the amount payable each month in the event of the Vehicle requiring servicing significantly earlier than agreed or the mileage exceeding the manufacturers’ recommended service interval mileage per annum.
11. The monthly installment payments due pursuant to the Monthly Payment Scheme have been calculated using the current rates of VAT. The Dealer/Garage reserves the right to modify the amount payable each month if the rate of VAT should change. No written notification will be issued to the customer for VAT variation.
12. Any changes to the Customer's bank details should be referred to the Administrator in writing:
AutoProtect Administration Ltd Warwick House
Essex CM19 5DY
I have read and understand the above terms and conditions and
mark my acceptance accordingly.
Customer signature: ...................................................
Service Plan_TCs_Jun 15 03/06/2015 16:31:00